Monday, December 28, 2009

I hate pantyhose!


The holidays are a terrible time to die. In my small town, the death report usually spreads pretty quickly. But the holidays slow the speed of grapevine transmissions. Yesterday, I found out that one of my high school classmates' mom had died during Christmas. By the time I heard the news, I had just enough time to make it to the funeral.
Thus begins the pantyhose struggle. I showered, did my hair, and applied makeup. All for naught, as it turned out, because the sweat I worked up struggling with the pantyhose flattened my hair and melted my makeup. I had to walk carefully once I was at the funeral, too, in an attempt to keep the damn things from falling down.
So today, I started to look for options. I've always hated garter belts because they seem to want to move in one direction while the hose move in another. The hose with the elastic bands at the top don't cut it either. I found these garter hose at Stockin Girl. They're a one piece contraption, and I've ordered two pair. I'll report on their wearability as soon as I know something.

No comments:

Post a Comment