Sunday, November 29, 2009

Design Gone Wrong

If I had the ear of plus-size designers, I would point out the following. Do you agree with these "designer don'ts" for plus size clothing?
  • We don't look good in a sack! Roomy is good--shapeless is bad.
  • We can wear colors other than black or navy. We can even wear prints.
  • We don't like dresses and skirts that fall two inches above the knee. I don't know about my readers, but my knees are not something I want to emphasize.
  • Don't place a stripe at the hips, por favor.
  • We are not all eighty years old and ready for the housecoat/duster. We can find plenty of these. We need nice clothes! How about taking a look at your regular size line to find clothing that we'd like to wear, too?
  • We work! We need business clothes that are attractive and contemporary. Even though we're larger, we need to blend in to the business world.
  • We don't want heavy, ugly clothes. Think about clothes that women want to wear, whatever their size.

What would you add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment